Are Elimination Diets Effective?
ELIMINATION DIETS AND GUT HEALTH
To eliminate or not to eliminate, that is the question.
I get a lot of questions about an elimination diet.
- Do elimination diets work?
- What foods should I eliminate?
- How long do I need to eliminate those foods?
- What foods can I eat?
Elimination diets can be extremely effective and informative. BUT, can you stick it out?
- Help you discover which foods you may be sensitive or intolerant to. During this diet period it allows your body time to restore from the constant inflammatory response from certain foods triggering in your digestive and immune system.
- Add in nutrient-dense and anti-inflammatory foods which help accelerate rebuilding & restoring a healthy internal environment for the digestive system.
- Typically eliminate gluten, grains, dairy, soy, nightshade vegetables, all processed foods, added sugars, peanuts and tree nuts, alcohol, and eggs.
- Typically eliminate foods for at least 30 days and then are slowly reintroduced one by one so you can identify which specific food is triggering a symptom.
- Clear the confusion between a food allergy, sensitivity, or intolerance.
- Clear the confusion with what foods cause digestive symptoms vs. other symptoms like acne, headaches, eczema, negative moods, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Reduce inflammation and restore the balance of healthy gut bacteria. A healthy gut microflora lowers your risk for disease and can also reduce many of the gastrointestinal symptoms..
(Article Reference: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5647120/)
If you’re serious about feeling good and losing stubborn weight, discover your hidden stressors with diagnostic tests. Removing the hidden stressors will help you break free from the vicious yo-yo weight loss cycle.
Schedule a Break thru the Gut Rut strategy call with me today to start understanding your reactive foods and how to balance your system to start feeling good. Schedule your session here-> BREAK THRU
Be Gutsy as a Mother,