How to Boost the Immune System Quickly
Oct 28, 2020
Fascinating Gut Fact: 70-80% of your immune system is located in your gut.
So if you’re really concerned about staying healthy while we forge through this politically driven pandemic :) look down at your gut.
Over ONE BILLION people worldwide suffer from IBS - the “medical” term for an unhealthy gut.
If you shake your head to any of these symptoms than you may fall into this category->
- food sensitivities
- aches & pains
- skin irritations
- weight management issues
- briag fog
- AND MORE
Besides dealing with symptoms, your busy body simply does NOT have time to deal with doctor office visits and sick days - hell, the email overload is enough for me to NEVER want to get sick. You simply can’t afford to get sick!
Good health is a critical factor for enjoying and succeeding in life. However, those changes in the seasons tend to get your body out of whack and more susceptible to illness. You need a strong immune system to weather to seasons without getting sick. Here are some easy tips to help strengthen your immune system.
- 80/20 plate = Eat nutritious foods and avoid PC (processed crap). Load up on fruit, vegetables, and healthy proteins.
- Hydrate! Studies have shown that drinking an adequate amount of water helps transport the white blood cells and other immune system cells you need to help stave off illness.
- Rest & Digest. Sleep is when your body heals itself. Prolonged fatigue prevents your body from fighting off illnesses, making you more susceptible to getting sick.
- Move thy body. A stale body is an ill body.
- Netflix & Chill. Living in a chronic state of stress breaks down the body. Find ways to take a break and chill.
- Laugh. “Laughter is the best medicine” has more truth than we realize. Loneliness, depression, and a negative outlook have been shown as contributing factors in a variety of ailments and illnesses.
- Spice it up! Spices like onions, ginger, and garlic have components that can strengthen your immune system.
- Enjoy the sun. It is one of the best things that you can do to boost your levels of Vitamin D, which is essential to healthy lungs and bones.
- Avoid using too many antibiotics. Recent studies have found that antibiotics can attack essential bacteria in the digestive system and can overpower natural immune functions.
- Enjoy life. PERIOD. Living in misery opens the door to infections.
These tips can keep your immune system operating at its best and will help you fend off those seasonal colds and illnesses so you can actually enjoy those winter months!
Food regulates metabolism and creates building blocks for healthy hormones. Don’t cheat yourself by consuming crap. Eat well, live well, and follow your gut.
Be Gutsy as a Mother,
PS: Want additional gut restoring recipes and interested in boosting your energy and resetting your digestion? Join my Restore Your Gut Health Program, learn more here-> RESTORE