How to Head into the Day Feeling On-Track
Jan 22, 2020
How to Head Into the Day Feeling On-track
Do you often feel frazzled 10 minutes after waking up? You check email and get anxious, you check the calendar and get anxious, ugh, so much to do, so little time. Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day. To help conquer the day try partaking in a morning ritual routine.
- Plan the night before. (ok, I know it’s not a morning ritual) But, you have 2 choices: start your morning calm and pre-planned, or start by running around like a wild cat - pure chaos. Before going to bed, set out your clothes (including workout clothes :) set out products you use, pack the essentials including lunch, and make sure your shoes have their match and are waiting by the door - YES!!! (please let me I’m not the only one)
- Wake up immediately. You snooze, you lose. Always wake up the instant you hear the alarm. Five minutes of extra sleep is doing nothing but having you lie there wondering what you have to do. It also may be confusing your brain. What is the guarantee that you will wake up after five minutes and not an hour later?
- Make your bed. To make sure that you do not jump right back in, make your bed right after you get out of it! This will make you feel productive and motivated to start the rest of your morning right. You will feel like you have already checked one thing off your morning’s to do list.
- Stretch and smile. Wake up with a stretch and a smile. Stretching wakes up your body and smiling releases endorphins that will make you feel more positive throughout your morning and the rest of your day.
- Brush your teeth immediately. It will wake you up by getting rid of your morning breath and increase alertness by activating your senses.
- Let in natural light. Open the blinds and push back the curtains. It may make you feel happy and positive.
Your #1 Goal Crushing Fan!