10 Fastest Ways to Lose Weight
Jan 21, 2021
10 Fastest Ways to Lose Weight
Why does weight loss feel like a last-minute meeting scheduled on a Friday afternoon? Both promote cranky people, and both take time away from drinking wine.
Losing weight can seem like a daunting task. There’s fear in giving up foods you love and fear in doing something different. Instead of approaching weight loss as a go-no-go situation, try following these simple tips to jumpstart your weight loss by increasing your metabolism first.
- Balance your gut health: Having poor gut health usually means sugar cravings because the bad bacteria LOVE sugar! Gut dysbiosis creates an inflammatory system and slows down the metabolism. Add a probiotic like MegaSporeBiotic it will help balance your gut bacteria, produce antioxidants, and rev the metabolism to help burn calories at a faster rate. Use TAKE20 at checkout.
- Eat fermented foods: Eating fermented foods makes essential nutrients more easily available for the body to use, allowing you to feel more satisfied and comfortable eating less. This prevents spikes in blood sugar and creates an inner nutritional balance that both halts food craving and support weight loss.
- Eat protein: Each day include small amounts of protein at your three main meals to ensure your metabolism will be well fuelled to help you burn fat more easily.
- Drink yourself silly: With water! Water is the cheapest weight loss drug on the market – buy into it 😊 Drinking water and herbal teas will help you feel full, prevent you from binge eating and will flush harmful toxins from your body. This will boost your metabolism by improving the efficiency of your thyroid function. FIERCE TIP: Drink 12 oz of warm lemon water in the AM, before coffee!
- Get quality Zzzzz’s: Got a perfect diet and a perfect workout schedule, but still not losing weight? Evaluate your sleep. Quality sleep helps to keep your hormones balanced and curbs sugar cravings. When your hormones are balanced the body will function more efficiently. When you consume too much sugar the body stores it as fat.
- Shot, Shot, Shot!: Instead of a shot of Hot Damn, try a shot of lemon, honey, ginger, and turmeric first thing in the morning. This will fire up the metabolism and rev your soul to conquer the crazy.
- Double down before your workout: Drinking ~12-16 oz of water or green tea before a workout is an easy and efficient way to burn twice the number of calories.
- Walk and Talk: Some studies have shown that people who have a habit of fidgeting or bouncing their knees can burn up to 500 more calories a day. FIERCE TIP: Walk around while taking a conference call.
- Ask for Medium+: Spicy food burns more calories during digestion and helps to curb the appetite – too hot to eat! Jalapenos, Thai chili peppers or curry spices add a ton of flavor with little calories.
- Small meals seal the deal: It takes energy to digest food. Eating five or six small meals throughout the day keeps your body burning food for fuel. When the body is starved it releases cortisol which is a stress hormone and can alter the body’s digestive functions.
As busy professional working moms we don’t need the added stress of “trying to lose weight.” In fact, stress has the opposite effect on the body! If you live in a constant state of stress the weight may never melt away. These tips may give your body that little extra boost it needs to power into weight loss mode.
Food regulates metabolism and creates building blocks for healthy hormones. Don’t cheat yourself by consuming crap. Eat well, live well, and follow your gut.
Be Gutsy as a Mother,
Ps: If you need a gut reset after the Thanksgiving stuff sign up for my 5-day gut health challenge where you will discover your gut has a mind of its own! learn more here-> REVIVE